Melbourne – the quirky cosmopolitan city of Aussie! You’ve probably by now heard the arguement which is better Melbs or Sydney? Well in true RatPack style we say go and figure out for yourself which you like more… We actually like both for different reasons! Melbourne is the home of all things artsy, culture and coffee, if your a city buff you’ll love this spot as there are sooooo may coffee spots, epic foodie joints and the museums and galleries are next level. Allow a good amount of time in this beautiful city as there is so much to see and do!
Where is it?
What to do there:
- Get out and explore the city! The city is a network of tiny little streets that offer lots of cool spots
- Check out the street art – theres loads!
- Go to brighton beach
- Go on a roadie to the Great Ocean Road
- Hang out in St Kilda
- Go on a walking tour of the city
Free things to do there:
- Get cultural and check out all of the musuems and galleries – the majority are free!
- A free walking tour
- Go on the tram around the city
- See the penguins at night at St Kilda
- Space hotel – hands down the best hostel in aussie facilities wise, we’re talking rooftop with a jacuzzi, a cinema and a gym
RatPacker Sophie recommends: wander around the city and get lost! Thats where you’ll find the best cafes and coffee!
Jump on the tram, its free in the centre of the city and theres one that does a loop of the city and has a commentary too!
- Melbourne is the home of great food! Check out Ferdyduke, Naked for Satan, China Town
- Laneway Greens
- Hardware Society
- Fitzroy is awesome for a great night out, they have an awesome alternative scene here!
- Check out some of the secret bars or rooftop bars – we love Madame Brussels or Croft Institute
- Asian Beer Cafe for cheap beers and pizza