Seems obvious, but please read the road signs.
Because if you’re cruising into a city for a day trip and fancy stopping off somewhere to grab a bite, it pays to know what the road signs mean to avoid shelling out on a pricey ticket that can eat into your travelling budget.
So, here are some parking road signs you should watch out for:
- No Stopping – No stopping your vehicle unless because of traffic conditions.
- No Standing – You can stop your car only for three minutes while remaining inside.
- No Parking – Your vehicle cannot be left unattended.
The green letter “P” parking signs mean you’re allowed to park for certain times.
- P – Permissive parking zone.
- Arrow – Parking applies in the direction the arrow is pointing.
- 730AM-630PM Mon-Fri – Vehicles can park at the specified time.
- Ticket – You must purchase a parking ticket.
- Permit zone – Only permit holders can park.
Remember, if you receive a parking ticket, the ticket gets assigned to the vehicle, not the person. Therefore, if you ignore it and try not to pay, the owner or the next driver may receive hassle on your account. Plus, the charge will only be taken from your deposit anyway. So, don’t bother, eh?