Manly is an epic spot. It tends to be overshadowed by Sydney, but this surf city should not be missed off your East Coast roadie. Think surfer vibes, beach side livin, Manly has it all - get away from the buzz of Sydney and make you way over - it’s only a 20-minute ferry ride from Sydney’s Circular Quay.
It has something for us all, embrace your inner surfer dude, swim in one of the two natural sea pools, enjoy some seriously good grub & enjoy endlesssss days lounging in the sun.
If you’re a beach bum, you’ll fit right in – Manly is full of em’ – hidden coves, epic surf spots and marine reserves (check out Cabbage Tree Bay Aquatic Reserve).
Where is it?can you do there:
Manly is a beach side suburb of Sydney, New South Wales.
Greyhound Bus Pass - Sydney to Cairns, Hop-On / Hop-Off, 3 Month
What can you do there?
- Fairy Bower sea pool
- Chill at Shelly Beach
- Visit one of the other 5 beaches
- Kayak at the wharf
- Give surfing a go
Top Deck - Ultimate Aussie Adventure - Sydney to Melbourne
Free things to do:
- Endless beach dayyyys
- Manly to Spit coastal walk – a long one, but well worth it.
- Hike to North Head (epic views of Sydney skyline)
- Wander down the Corso – this is where you get that good grub yewwww
Usually we’re all for hostels -but AVOID in Manly.
Check out Airbnb ‘private room’ options. A lot are the same price or cheaper.
Top Deck - Sydney Discovery
Best food spots
- Betty’s Burgers – the best burgers
- Donny’s – $5 steak night
- Doughnut time – freebie if its ya bday
- Daniel San – trendy Japanese food
- The Boathouse – beach front livin
Best place for a night out
- Manly Wharf Hotel (not a hotel) – epic cocktails
- In Situ – great music, better atmosphere
- New Brighton Hotel – roof top chillin
"Extra tips: Head to Fairy Bower Pool early morning or early evening to avoid crowds. And pssttt, there is also a second sea pool at the far left end of main beach.
Time to plan the adventure?
There’s plenty of reasons why we love Manly and will always recommend it for your east coast roadie! Want your east coast trip planned? Drop us a message on WhatsApp +61450381801, email email@example.com, fb message or hit the little message box to the right of the website and one of the crew will help you out!
Want us to plan it for you?